Olympus Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP Advice (Moved from old forum)

Go down

PvP Advice (Moved from old forum) Empty PvP Advice (Moved from old forum)

Post by BlackDog Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Need some advice on the PVPs.

I have no problem getting into the 700-800 range at this point. The problem I run into is that it's impossible for me to stay there, no matter how much I play. For every fight I win I end up losing three, especially in the last couple of hours. Is purchasing shields worth it? And if so, when is the right time to use them? Obviously if I get high enough in the last hour I can get one but is there a right way to set that up?

Thanks,

kaiyote

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PvP Advice (Moved from old forum) Empty Re: PvP Advice (Moved from old forum)

Post by BlackDog Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Purchasing shields is crucial to getting into a top place in PvP. During the last few hours things get very competitive and it is very hard to make progress. The strategy I use (and it is a popular one) is to play up to a moderate level (500ish) earlier in the tourney. Then with about 10 hours or so remaining I play up as high as I can, up to the point where the enemies are too powerful or I get attacked too much to make progress (usually 800 - 900), and then I put up an 8 hour shield to carry me through the end of the tourney. At the very end I often un-shield to get in a couple more attacks if I am near a threshold.

The PvP mechanics have changed quite a bit recently, so some of the forum advice is out of date. Historically if you joined a tournament later on you usually landed in an easier bracket and I think this might still be true to some extent. The level of your characters definitely effects how hard of a bracket you land in. Also your MMR (overall tourney rating) is thought to effect what bracket you get put in.

BD

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down