Olympus Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Group Page.

+4
BlackDog
steven brule
kaiyotex
8 posters

Go down

Facebook Group Page. Empty Facebook Group Page.

Post by 123456781 Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Cheers, all.  I've created a Facebook page for us so that we have a quick and efficent way to friend one another.  The value of this will be that, as Facebook friends, we'll be able to support one another with gifts of ISO-8, recruit tokens, and boosts.  My old alliance had one in which about half of the members participated, and the help from just those few was quite tangible.  My goal with this topic thread is to provide:
1.  directions for joining the facebook page.
2.  A place we can put our facebook info to make sure we're friending the right people.
3.  Directions to switching to a dummy account, and why this is valuable.
4.  And a place to keep track of my friends and rewards recieved on a daily basis as I'm curious to track how much free goods I'm gettting.

Back to top Go down

Facebook Group Page. Empty More O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. Facebook group info.

Post by 123456781 Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Note: When reading my email, replace the word "at" with @. The forum is not letting me post my email.

1. Directions for Joining O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. MVP Alliance.

Note: Please consider maximizing the value of this group by creating a dummy acccont before joining our alliance. Learn more in Section 3).

Being a part of this Facebook group will allow us to easily become friends and then support one another by sharing tokens, boosts, and ISO-8. To join, login to Facebook and open their menu. Click the "find friends" ap and then click the search option at the top of the screen. Click search by email and type "781MVP at gmail.com." Friend me, and you should be able to see the groups I'm in, including ours. Open it up and join. From there, you'll be able to see the other members from our alliance. Friend them too. Soon, you'll see our names pop up when you're given the option to share rewards.

2. A Place We Can Put our Facebook Info to Make Sure We're Friending the Right People.

This Facebook group can turn into a steady supply of ISO-8 for all of us if we all use it. My last alliance's group had 10 active participants and the amount of ISO-8 I recieved from them is remarkable. One thing to be wary of is the presence of scammers and trolls in the group. A few people from outside of my old alliance joined our group hoping to friend us and get hooked up with our reward sharing. This doesn't sound so bad, except that they had about 1000 friends playing MVP, while we had about 10. This meant that the odds of them recieving boosts from us were way higher than then odds of us getting anything from them. Plus, each time we shared rewards with them, we supported their alliance and missed out on the chance to support someone from our own. Let's be wary of whom we friend. To avoid this problem, please reply to this post with the email account and/or name associated with Facebook. Mine is 781MVP at gmail.com and the name is Marvel Puzzle Quest (Seven Ate One).

3. Directions for Making a Dummy Account and Why it's Valuable.

Remember those trolls and scammers I mentioned in the last section? Your non MVP-playing friends present a similar problem. When you're given the option to share a reward, MVP picks a couple of friends at random to share with. If you have thousands of non MVP-playing friends, the odds that you'll be given the chance to share rewards with us is super slim. So, make a dummy account, and you'll be able to make sure that you're sending boosts to your alliance-mates 100% of the time.

Use Gmail to create a new email account and then create a Facebook account associated with it. Try to give yourself a name similar to the handle you use in-game. If you were backing up to your old, non-dummy account, you'll need to switch over. Look through your non-dummy Facebook account's menu and delete anything you have associated with MVP. Then switch the information in MVP's setting section to your dummy account and click "Back up to Facebook." This ought to do it, unless you're playing through an ipad or iphone. If so, you'll have to go the iOS setting ap. Find the Facebook ap and change the information to your dummy account. Then check in MVP to see if you're backing up correctly. Don't worry, you can still log into your normal Facebook account through your phone, even if the one iOS associates with is your dummy account.

4. Keeping Track of my Friends and Rewards

I plan on making a Google Doc spreadsheet to keep track of how much free stuff I've getting from my friends, just to see how much I'm getting on a regular basis and the average amount I get from friends. I'll post a link to it so you can see too. It might be neat info and ought to prove the value of using a Facebook for support.

Back to top Go down

Facebook Group Page. Empty Re: Facebook Group Page.

Post by kaiyotex Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Created a dummy account and sent a friend request. Dummy account is named Dick Grayson. Thanks for setting this up.

Kaiyotex

kaiyotex

Back to top Go down

Post by steven brule Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 am

added, my name is chris z.

Last edited by steven brule on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

steven brule

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 am

Created an account, Zach Mpq (BlackDog)

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by antilles26 Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:03 pm

account name: Ant Illes
account email: glenhan.gaming at gmail dot com

antilles26

Back to top Go down

Post by colindj1120 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

created an account mvp colindj (should have been mpq but for some reason it was late and my brain decided to default to mvp for some reason lol)

colindj1120

Back to top Go down

Post by br4dders Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Happy to use my own, I've added some of you. my name is Dan Bradford

br4dders

Back to top Go down

Post by L1lC24 Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi all.  L1lC24 here.
Just signed up for the Facebook group and added several of you.  I made a fake account.
l1lc24olympus at gmail.com is the e-mail to find me.  Name is Lilc MPQ.

Hope I don't have any trouble transferring my Ipad account to this e-mail address.

L1lC24

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456781 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06 am

Steven Brule is now going to be in charge of updating our Facebook page to ensure that only our current players are featured. Thanks and cheers, Steven Brule.

Back to top Go down

Post by steven brule Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:46 am

Glad to help out!

steven brule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down