Olympus Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance of Power

4 posters

Go down

Balance of Power Empty Balance of Power

Post by colindj1120 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Please discuss best practices here  Very Happy 

colindj1120

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power Empty Re: Balance of Power

Post by 123456781 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:50 pm

I've sold all my 1*s however, if you have them, look into using them. Leveling is strange in MPQ: a lvl 50 1* does significantly more match damage than a level 50 3*. I'm guessing the same is true for a level 270 1* and a level 270* 3*. It might be time to dust off that old 1* Storm, 1* Black Widow combo that we all loved so much when we first started. Like I said, I sold mine, so let me know if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by colindj1120 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:52 pm

I just used my go to LDaken, Patch, CMags Combo which has been dominating and got shreaded by a all two star team. It may be the case this time around to use 1 and 2 star teams and start dumping iso into them. I think it will be very difficult for me to get a high score this time around unless I find a good combo because I am very 3* heavy at the moment

colindj1120

Back to top Go down

Post by colindj1120 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm

So here's an update of what I am seeing. Ares and Thor and Wolverine seem to be leading the 2*'s in Health/Damage. I've been using 2*Daken and Juggernaut and some other 1 or 2 star. This combination seems to be working decently. Juggernaut is your finisher with headbutt doing 6000+ damage. Downside is he does 3000 to himself but with 21000 health he last at least 2 battles usually before needing a Health pack. Guys to pay attention to are 2* Daken and Bullseye the attack/protect combo can be really annoying and perhaps devastating to the opponents. I have yet to see Ares unleash an ability but 2* Thor Yellow and Green do about 4000 to 8000 damage together if not more. and as usual I suspect 2* Wolverine's Red is a one shot finisher with this kind of scaling

colindj1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggieruss04 Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 am

I have been playing Thor/OBW/Storm (modern). Storm's black is pretty good as the attack tiles hit for 34 each. Her red is also good for 1500-3000 or so for a cost of only 6 red AP.

Aggieruss04

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 am

Overview:
Unless you have maxed out 3* characters your primary team will look like this:
OBW, Thor/Ares/Wolverine, CStorm/MStorm/Daken

Characters to Play:
OBW - With her twin AP steals OBW is the most powerful character in the game.  Unfortunately she also matches everything and gets killed.
Thor - Green: 6k/3k, Red/Yellow: 2.2k
Ares - I don't have one leveled up but I'm sure he's awesome
Wolverine - Red: 8k, Green 1.5k + strike
CStorm - Windstorm = 5k damage to entire team!
MStorm - Your classic favorite leveled to 270
Daken - Pairs well with most teams and creates easy strike tiles.  If your OBW has 5 black even better.

Good Alternatives
2* Magneto - Could be used to power CStorm
Bullseye - A much maligned character, but with healing removed those strength 150 protect tiles are starting to look tempting.

Characters to avoid:
Moonstone - Not great, but better than the ones below
MBW - Even when leveled up her steal still costs 15 purple
Venom - Having only one useful skill gimps him, even if it is a black skill.
IM35 - As usual just doesn't compare to 2* damage dealers
Yalana/Bagman - No hope for these guys

Defense
Juggernaut - as usual he is weak on offense with only one scaling damage skill, but with 20k life and cheap headbutts he is a nightmare on defense.
Daken - always awesome on defense

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456781 Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 am

C.mag's exploitation of his blue ability works absolute wonders with OBW's espionage. In this event a fully leveled OBW matches blue when paired up with a fully levels C.Mag. Using his blue ability to turn area where 3 or more blues are bunched together into T's and L's of blue tiles will result in damage, getting most if not all of your blue AP back, a critical hit tile appearing, and possible cascades. Now that OBW's espionage is involved, you're even more likely to end up with more blue AP than you started with. Spam and repeat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:26 am

I have also been finding Cmags to be useful despite being under-leveled. In particular if my OBW is injured he is pretty much the only decent substitution I have.

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum