Discussion Topic: Burnout

Go down

Discussion Topic: Burnout

Post by BlackDog on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Reading through the forum I have noticed that a lot of people are complaining about changes to the game, especially pressure from being in an alliance, causing them to burn out. I would like to strike a balance between the expectation of good participation and a desire to keep things fun and somewhat flexible. I had a few thoughts for how we might accomplish this:
-Leave PvE events as optional
-Allow each member to pick one PvP event each season to take it easy on. When judging player contribution every players lowest event score would be dropped. Players would still be encouraged to achieve 300 points if possible during this event.
-Have a system where if a player needs to take a break from the game for a specific period of time (like taking a 2 week vacation) they can leave the alliance with the guarantee that they will be re-admitted upon their return as soon as a slot opens.

The third one in particular I think is a good idea and plan for that to be our policy. The other two I am uncertain about and would like your thoughts.

Last edited by BlackDog on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlackDog
Admin

View user profile http://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Topic: Burnout

Post by BlackDog on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Here is my thoughts on burnout. I like the thrid suggesstion but I would merge the first 2 I like to play pve from time to time depending on the simulator. I would say if we push hard in a simulator we should be able to lax on a pvp event from time to time. NOT for every pve event can we go slow on a pvp Just once and awhile.
-colindj

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Burnout: All three rules sound good to me. I usually utilize pve for the sake of quick iso for completing new missions.
-jatto

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456781 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:51 am

I think prearranged leaving and returning is the best idea. Helps the active players too by temporarily replacing an inactive. I also like declaring that you are taking one pvp off. It wouldn't be hard to make a google doc for that.

If we're worried about burn out maybe we could say any event with the reward being a brand new cover is optional? Getting Mohawk storm will be nice, but honestly it's not lke most of us will be using her in our rotations in quite some time. I wouldn't mind not getting the alliance cover for her as I still haven't done anything major with the last several new characters.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steven brule on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:41 pm

I like all three ideas.

steven brule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down