Color Alignment By Team

Go down

Color Alignment By Team

Post by 123456781 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 pm

I get really bugged when I start a match and a character is assigned a tile color that I wanted to be assigned to a different character.  For instance, both 3* Captain America and the Hood have yellow as their strongest match, but I usually want 3* Captain America to match yellow because he has more HP than the Hood.  I knew there was a formula for how MPQ determines who matches what when there is a tie, but I didn't know what that formula was.  After doing some expirementing I'm 99% sure I've got it figured out.

Color priority depends on where each character stands on the "Assemble Your Heroes" screen.  Priority goes middle, left, right.  So if three characters all match the same color at the same strength (say, yellow for Black Panther, The Hood, and 3* Cap) the character you put in the middle will match the yellow tiles. Knowing this order can help you decide up who is taking damage and who is dishing it out.  This knowledge might be especially important for abilities like 2* Black Widow's "Espionage," since it only triggers when she's making the matches.  

Now, three charactes each with six different colors alignments is a lot to think about, so I've started a zenfully mind-numbing spreadsheet to assist me in identifying what order I want my teams to be in.  The sheet shows who matches what color for their team.  I've only made a few teams available for now, because I don't have every character at the same level, and I'm hoping someone might be willing to fact-check for me.  If this proves correct, I will finish the spreadsheet -- at least for 3 star teams -- and then begin updating it as new characters arrive.

Check the link below and let me know if this is as useful to you as it is to me.

Cheers,

MPQ TEAM COLORS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Color Alignment By Team

Post by 123456781 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Cheers to ColinDj for directing me to this forum. The rule of middle-left-right doesn't work with characters of different levels. The example provided in the link below features Thor and Wolverine at different levels and their red matching not following the rule of middle-left-right. My spreadsheet assumes that all characters are at their max level. I have a guess that it would work when all characters are all at the same level, maxed or not. If anyone has three of the featured characters on the same level would you put them in different spots in your line up and see if my chart holds up?

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1788&p=185310#p185310

View user profile

Back to top Go down