Olympus Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 Event Results

2 posters

Go down

Season 3 Event Results Empty Season 3 Event Results

Post by BlackDog Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:41 am

Unholy Outlaw
We generally performed excellently in this event, although we only came in at 87th.  DubStepFlow led the scoring with 971 points, followed by 15 players scoring above 600!  

Kaiyotex continued to be inactive for the fourth week (0).  BloodyJackyl continued his string of weak performances with a 313.  Also failing to meet scoring requirements was Kibbs with a surprise 407 (average 755 in season 1).

Last edited by BlackDog on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total

BlackDog
Admin

https://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Season 3 Event Results Empty Re: Season 3 Event Results

Post by BlackDog Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:02 am

Category-5
This was an extremely competitive event (Spiderman Reward).  781 led the scoring with 974 points, followed by Killians at 943 and 11 other players above 600.

Unfortunately we were held back by inactivity and some weak performances on the bottom end of the spectrum.  Jatto was inactive (0) as expected and was joined by KristenDoreen (0).  Other players failing to meet requirements were stevenbrule (390), Seraph (426), Jon (497) and Ranjin (532).

Near the end of the event we were within 250 points of a top 100 position, so I temporarily dropped Jatto to try and pick up another player with the points we needed.  A random player joined us with enough points to get us to 92nd.  Unfortunately this player left with only several minutes remaining and we ended up rank 107.

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Webslinger
We finished strongly in Webslinger with an average score of 710, our second best average since the start of season 2! This success is directly related to the fact that none of our members scored less than 500 points in the event. On a side note, this is exactly the reason why we have minimum score requirements and require members to let us know ahead of time when the will not be able to play events.

Colindj led the scoring with a personal best 980 points, and we had notable performances from our new members Juan (776) and Nextfactor (732). Nice job guys, keep the covers coming in : )

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Hotshot
Requirements for Hotshot were relaxed to focus on Juggernaut Heroic. Despite this we had some very good scores and almost placed top 100 with a rank of 102.

Colindj led the scoring with an alliance record 1057 points! Fourteen members scored above 600, and 6 cored better than 740.

Failing to meet scoring requirements were Dubstepflo (45) and Ace19 (46). The level of effort to score 300 or 400 points is very low and we were less than 200 points from a top 100 position. This highlights why it is important for our members to meet minimum scoring requirements.

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Hollowpoint Kiss and Blind Justice
Nice work in both events, we placed 74th and 68th respectively.  Colindj continues to cement his scoring lead with top scores of 889 and 911.  Very solid all around participation.

Failing to meet scoring requirements in Hollowpoint were Kibbs (315), Jatto (426) and Dubstep (525).  Failing to meet requirements in Blind Justice were Jatto (539), Matbjorkman (539), Seraph (549).  Ranjin was inactive for Blind Justice.

Last edited by BlackDog on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Army of One
Colindj led scoring with a dominant 1024.  Our average score was a fairly weak 629. On the other hand it was a fairly across the board effort and nobody was under 535 points except for Ranjin who was inactive again for this event.  We placed 94th, partially because I failed to replace Ranjin.

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:50 am

Doctors Orders
781 Had the high score in this event with 925, breaking a 5 event streak by Colindj!  Participation in this event was particularly good, with 17 players scoring above 600 and we placed a solid 71st. Great job everyone.

Failing to meet score requirements were Jatto (203) and Matbjorkman (493).

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456781 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Trial By Combat Results

Hello guys, first time writing the recap so I hope that I hit all of the key points.  First off, congrats to all of us for making 11778 points, good enough for 86th place.  That's another top 100 finish, making it four in a row.  This is particularly notable as many of us had expressed our disinterest in the event's reward -- Loki covers.  I commend you for thinking long term and grinding this one out as we continue to push for a top 100 spot in Season 3.

Colindj1120 was on fire, bringing in a score of 1015.  Four other players tied for 2nd with 774.  Our two new players turned in solid scores as they both beat the minimum requirement by over a hundred points.  Way to make an argument for your continued association with our group!

On the flip-slide, we had several players fail to make the minimum requirement of 550.  This includes myself as I scored 521.  Additionally, Antilles26 (0, due to computer issues), Nextfacter (516), Seraph (351), and MaTBjorkman (492) failed to make the cut.  Diakonos used his one excused pass for the season, but still managed a 455.  As this was his one excused pass for the season, his score will not be held against him.  The rest of us need to remember that continued failure to meet expectations can result in expulsion from the group.

MaTBjorkman, for failing to reach 550 two events in a row, you're on official notice.  The grind can be hard, but we need you to step it up.  

Two quick things before I go:

First, Jon372 is still in good standing with us while on leave.  He should get a spot when he returns so decisions will have to be made as to how we accommodate him.  This might mean making room for him by removing a new or low-performing player.

Second, there was talk about stepping away from PVP to focus on the current PVE.  It's a good chance to earn some ISO, HP and a Sentry cover, but I'd like to point out the reward for a lot of work is going to be a new two-star character.  My hunch is that by the time you pump enough ISO into him to make him useful, you''ll have made the jump from using 2-stars to using 3-stars anyway.  So, work as hard as you want at the PVE, but let's make sure we're still pulling our weight in PVP.

Here is a link for our stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 pm

God of Lies

Awesome event everyone. We placed 59th as an alliance, our highest ranking this season with an average score of 703. Colindj continues to dominate the scoring with a score of 1041 followed closely by 781 at 1006. Newest members Aggie and Brad continue to put up solid numbers, solidifying our roster.

Failing to meet scoring requirements were NextFactor (309), Ace (522) and Jatto (527).

Falcon is one of the rare characters who is pretty useful even at low levels. Let's put those new covers to good use in Top Gun!

BlackDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Season 3 Event Results Empty Krakadoom Summary.

Post by 123456781 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:29 am

Well team, we placed 89th with a grand total of 12401.  Our median score is a 643, which means we have several players now doing better than the minimum.  That’s what it takes to get a top 100 at the end of a season. We got especially lucky since NextFacter ditched us last minute and we needed to fill in a 20th spot.  That spot was filled by IxCptMorganxI who will be playing with us on trial basis, similar to what Aggie (796) and BisG (648) did for us a few events ago.  Cpt. chipped in 648 points solidifying our spot in the top 100.  Thanks for the assist, Cpt.

Aggie and BisG, I think you’ve done enough to prove your value.  You’re now both officially members of our alliance.  Congrats and thanks for your dedicated work.

Our top player was Colindj, who added 1030 points to our total.  What really stands out is the number of people who met or exceeded our minimum – only 4 players failed to make 550.  Jatto (513), Seraph (337), Ace19 (260), and Kibbs (144).  

Neither Ace or Jatto made the minimum requirement for God of Lies, but since I didn’t get the Top Gun results before they disappeared, I can’t say if they did better during that event.  Therefore, I won’t hand out any participation warnings at this time.  That being said, we know our playing agreements, we know it’s important to stick to them, and we know that failing to do so can result in being booted from our alliance.

The reward for the next PVP is Lazy Daken.  I’m not sure anyone in our crew has a completed LDaken set yet, so let’s rock this one.  Watch the alliance score towards the end of the tournament, my guess is that we might need to earn a little bit higher than usual to get the alliance cover.  

Back to top Go down

Season 3 Event Results Empty Season 3 Summary and Recap

Post by 123456781 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am

Season three has ended and we finished in 110th place, 10 spots away from our stated goal.  The end was a bit hectic as we were hovering around 100 and then a player jumped ship on the last day.  IxCptMorganxl joined up to make up some of the difference but we couldn’t regain the ground.  So it goes.  While we didn’t meet our goal of top 100, we did meet one of BD’s and my goals of filling the group with players who will reliably follow our playing agreements, participate in the forums, share their opinions via voting, and generally come off as decent folk.  BD and I were just chatting about how cool it was that we haven’t had much turnover or abandonment issues this season, and while Nextfacter certainly left us in a lurch and Cpt. is here on a trail basis, I feel confident in just about every player we have now.  That’s pretty great.

ColinDj was the man of the season contributing 13380 total points.  Only two players didn’t average our minimum score of 550 in PVP.  Jatto averaged about 506 and Ace19 averaged 541, which is pretty close.  We only missed the Top 100 in PVP events twice this season, with our worst showing being 107th in Category Five.  How did we end up just Top 110?  The Shield Simulator.  We currently don’t have a requirement for that, but if we want to reach a top 100 spot, then that might be something to consider.

Below is a forum link to the D3 site where people are posting their brackets.  I found ours, and the team to get 100 was XStatiX with 185431.  To make that score through only the 12 PVP events, a team would have to average 15453 per event.  That’s 772 per person in 20 man roster. That’s pretty far off from what we were doing.  If we each add that extra 1000 – 1500 points from the Shield Simulator, we can make up that difference.

As we did last season, we’ll soon be examining our processes and agreements and voting on any changes to be made.  I’ve had a great time playing with y’all and working on our forums and look forward to continuing to do so.

Cheers,

D3 End Results Forum Link:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11931

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down