PVP Seeding

Go down

PVP Seeding

Post by machone3720 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello. I'm a new member of the alliance and just starting to hit the 500 point level of pvp play in the game.

I've read through the alliance board, and really found the how to reduce your enemy's pvp level in the hints and tips section interesting.

I am curious if anyone knows how the pvp seeding works for the various battlegroups? Sometimes it seems like I'm thrown in to a group of low level players and I score well. Othertimes I'm thrown in with big bads and get Hulk smashed.

Any helpful knowledge about seeding or other pvp subjects I need to be aware of would be awesome. Thanks in advance for your help.

Machone

machone3720

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PVP Seeding

Post by kws1907 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Mach.. BlackDog said he will give you some links, but here is what I do:

I play as soon as a pvp starts to get my 300 for the token.

I will then choose my weakest team I can win with so I get a lot of attacks as I look like an easy target.. not a lot of people check out my roster.

I then wait until I've been reduced to about 150 points.

Retaliation matches at that point are usually low level and I can then easily build back to at least 600 points without shielding.

From that point on I will shield hop, depending on who featured character is I change my team to make sure colour matches do most damage.

Use lightning rounds if available to build up iso for skipping matches.. by time I get to 900+ will usually find so of the x-men alliance offering 45+ points a match as they go all out to start with... beat them then shield again for 3 hours... they retaliate but doesn't matter.. then rinse and repeat.

I pretty much always  finish top 5 so don't need to buy the HP for shield on this method  (but I do have a strong team now)

kws1907

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackDog on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 pm

From my experience when you join an event does not have a huge effect on what level your opponents are.  However, like you noticed you can get thrown into easier or harder groups.  Looking over the D3 forum I am not seeing much consensus as to what the best time to join an event is.  I generally join events early and then wait a bit for my opponents scores to go up so that I have easier high value targets.

What does have a large effect on the difficulty of your opponents is your MMR which we discuss in some other threads here.  If your enemies are too powerful try losing fights at the start of each PvP (retreating does not count as losing but can be used to weaken your heroes before killing them).

BlackDog
Admin

View user profile http://olympusalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by machone3720 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks to both of you.  I appreciate the in-depth strategy kws1907.  Also, thanks for reminding me of the MMR factor BlackDog.  Sorry for being a noob.  I play the game well, I think, but there are a lot of little nuances about the game that I'm still learning.

machone3720

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum